Thursday, March 27, 2008

If your friends are stupid ...

... and most people are ...

We had dinner with a dear friend of mine from long ago while we were in DC. She and I hung out almost continuously for several years through grade and middle school. I hadn't seen her in probably 8 years but found that we still had lots to talk about and many laughs.

As kids we had some crazy adventures. We made forts in neighbors' pine trees, spent endless hours in climbing trees, participated in a bug club, and taped hours of our own brand of crazy radio shows. I subjected Ry to an hour of one on the way home, "Sounds of Nature." Along with songs we made up were commercials, impressions, interviews and live concert feeds. One of the commercials began with the line "If your friends are stupid (and most people are) ..." Hehe. I am amazed by kid's ability to make stuff up. I have to imagine that my friend's mom had to have just shaken her head. I can't wait to see what T is going to come up with.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Cracking up!!! I thought I was the only one with creative childhood friends. ;) My sister Missy, neighbor Linnet and I put on a play entitled "Stale Macaroni." It was a melodrama making fun of "Steel Magnolias." I believe it involved an intermission commercial from the National Headache Foundation, whose phone number was 1-800-OMYHEAD.

 
Designed by Lena