Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Feeling good about 25

As most of you know, I will be turning 25 tomorrow. I'm more excited to be getting a break on car insurance and renting a car than depressed about being a quarter of a century old. Even if I was feeling bad though, today would have picked me up.

I went swimming after work. Since the pool is not the main attration of our gym, I tend to see the same few people often. One of the people I see from time to time is a kid I would estimate to be 16 or 17 years old. As I finished my swim and started streching, he came over to my lane and asked "So, what team do you swim for?"
I said, "Oh, I don't swim competitively."
"Oh, you should!" he said.
Trying to be polite, I asked, "What team do you swim for?"
He answered "The local high school team."
"Oh," I said, "I've been out of high school for a couple years."
Not to be deterred he said "Well, you could always swim for your college then."
I said, "Yeah, I'm a few years out of college." The look on his face was priceless.

New swimsuit: $60
Monthly gym membership: $50
Having someone think you're in high school the day before your 25th birthday: Priceless

2 comments:

sapsparky said...

Nice job. Robbing the cradle before you ever go on your honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

I knew as you grew older people would think you were younger.:)

Good job!


Love,
Mom

 
Designed by Lena