Monday, March 04, 2013

Another weekend down

My  weekends are always a bit of a blur. I work 24 hours in 36, so by the time Monday morning rolls around I haven't done much except eat, sleep and work.  Gummy Bear started running a fever again on Saturday. It's a strange little illness he has right now. Aside from some mild cold-like symptoms he's feeling fine. As long as the fever is controlled with Advil he runs around like normal. Because I needed to sleep this morning, Ry worked from home and took him to the doctor. Another virus from the "petri dish" that is the elementary school.

Ry was up a lot this weekend, between dosing Bear with Advil and Monkey dreaming that a dragon ate him. I was unsurprised to see that he needed a nap today too.

My hands are having some kind of allergic reaction to the soap or alcohol sanitizer at work. By the end of my two weekend shifts, they are bright red and feel sun burnt. It takes me all week of Vaseline and hand balm to get them back to some semblance of normal. Then I go back to work and they are worse than ever by Monday morning. A colleague of mine suggested putting the Vaseline on my hands and sleeping in gloves. Voila: I am officially an 80-year-old woman.
I am hopeful that this will do the trick. If not, I'll be making an appointment with my dermatologist. Since I can't stop washing my hands at work (can you imagine?!) I'll have to figure something out. Good times.

Nursing: a glamorous profession.


1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a sweet picture of Ry and the bear! And also you could possibly be allergic to the gloves ( similiar occurrence with a co-worker of mine). Ask you facility about hypoallergenic specialty gloves, they should provide a box for you.

 
Designed by Lena