Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In Law Tales

Frank and Pat left this morning, after visiting since last Thursday. All in all, it was a great visit. On Saturday we went to the beach, which was only OK since it was overcast. We also exposed Pat to Jersey Boardwalk. I don't think she was impressed.

Sunday was a great day. We went into Philadelphia to go to a Phillies game, but took in some of the historic stuff first. An organization called Once Upon a Nation has storytellers at many of the famous historic sites. They tell stories about living during colonial times. Some are even dressed up like famous people. Ben Franklin told us about traveling in a stagecoach. It was really fun. We only got to about a third of the sites, so I think Ryan and I are going to go back over July 4th weekend and try to do the rest of the locations.

The Phillies game was good fun. I had forgotten what a good time live games were. I think we're going to try and catch a few more games this summer. I really enjoy Philadelphia. The city is much more approachable than NYC. It's a great walking city and the people there are actually nice. It's also only a 40 minute drive, which is a huge bonus for me. I think we'll be spending a lot more time in Philadelphia now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Randy, Laurel and the Patio Fest Gang, Pat and I were able to enjoy the wonderful new patio on our visit. That big tree you planted works great as an umbrella! We had a fabulous time grilling and lounging and partaking of adult beverages.

Ryan and I were able to add a couple fiinishing touches to the patio. Perhaps Ms. Jenn will honor the event with a new picture. BTW the grass is growing! and Jenn has tomatoes!

Anonymous said...

Ryan & Jenn: Thanks so much for an absolutly wonderful week!! Sorry if I did not seem to enjoy going to the beach/boardwalk - it really was a great afternoon and I did enjoy myself - even coming home with a stuffed bear which my wonderful husband won for me at the boardwalk - good job babe!

I also wanted to thank the Patio Fest Gang - you did a awesome job and I am sure the new patio will be used by many who will enjoy it as much as we did!

Philadelphia was great as was the game. I really enjoyed the time we got to spend with the both of you -I feel very fortunate to be a part of this great family and both of you have made me feel very welcome and accepted. I think Chief and Elf even liked me - I know I really miss them!!! Thanks again for a wonderful week and a lot of great memories.

 
Designed by Lena