Thursday, March 27, 2008

DC in review

T and I accompanied Ry on a business trip to DC this week. I like to think of these little trips as mini vacations. I walked my tail off this time. On Tuesday, T and I took in the traditional DC sites. Although I've been to DC twice, I didn't know that there was an FDR monument. It's really quite beautiful and covers many aspects of his presidency. Here T is joining in the depression-era soup kitchen line.

I met a really nice old dude staffing the info desk at the metro. He gave us some great out of the way kodak stops and ideas for when T gets a bit older.

We went to the zoo yesterday. It's the first free zoo I've ever been to. It did make for an interesting zoo experience. There were many more teenage hangers-out than you might normally see at the zoo. Overall, it was worth the stop, although I wouldn't plan a whole day around it.

Unfortunately, next week Ry leaves for a trip to Fort Worth, TX. Since this one involves a plane, we won't be coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Putting Tucker in a soup kitchen line? Sheesh, the economy isn't that bad yet!

 
Designed by Lena