Saturday, March 01, 2008

Emporia: A Play

J and Ry are sitting in their living room. J is on the couch, scratching a crossword lotto ticket. Ry is on the loveseat, surfing the internet. J looks up at Ry quizzically.

J: Emporia? Is emporia a word? I've never seen a word on these I didn't know.

Ry: Isn't it a store with a bunch of stuff?

J: No, that's an emporium. Look it up for me?

Ry: It's killing you isn't it? A word you don't know? Welcome to my world. Ry taps a few keys on the internet. Emporia, a town in Kansas.

J: Ha! It isn't a word!

Ry: Wait, emporia, plural of emporium. Plural could be emporiums or emporia.

J: Hrm.

2 comments:

G'pa said...

Encore...Encore

Becky said...

These last two posts were hilarious, mostly because I've had nearly the same conversations. Maybe we're sisters?

 
Designed by Lena