Tuesday, May 20, 2008

10 things

1. Sometimes I wish I had T's lack of fear. Today, I spilled scalding hot coffee all over my hand at Barnes and Noble. Once I made sure I didn't get T, I set about trying to clean up after myself and let the staff at the cafe know what I had done. T, on the other hand, splashed about in the coffee puddle and said "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh."

2. In the past 2 weeks, I have had two separate people guess that I was 16 years old. Really? Looking young is a great thing, but 16 is no compliment.

3. My mothering instincts have taken me places I never expected. The other day I was changing T's diaper, when he grabbed the poopy one and flung it over to the changing table. The perfect little turd that was inside landed right next to his head. I grabbed the thing with my bare hands to keep him from rubbing it all over his head. It wasn't until I had restored calm to the situation that I realized I had just grabbed poo with my bare hands. Ew.

4. T discovered today that his wiener is much more interesting that a book about farm animals.

5. Someday, he'll discover this blog and be mortified.

6. I won't much care.

7. Packing to go anywhere these days is a mini series. The days of carrying on and worrying about meals when we get to the airport/car are over.

8. We go there so often that the people at Chik-Fil-A now know T on sight. Come back sun!

9. I really miss having close girlfriends. My mom's group is great, but I want someone I can call at noon and ask to meet me for lunch and a trip to Target boutique at 1 pm.

10. I'm signing us up for swimming lessons this summer. I realize it's probably a big early, but everyone out here has a pool (and there's the ocean). I want him to be comfortable in the water and learn to swim early.

3 comments:

nana said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. We will catch many things we never thought we would in our quest to keep things were they should be.

Thanks for the laugh. I know you are glad to be of help. :)

Becky said...

I don't think boys ever grow out of #4...

Patty said...

This made me laugh SO HARD!

Ryan gets speech therapy b/c he's pretty delayed w/expressive language, and Matthew's going to be evaluated in the next month or so to see if he qualifies too (I'm sure he will.) Anyway, they're not even close to the 25-50 words kids their age should be saying ... but they both grab their boy parts and gleefully crow "pee pee! pee pee!"

 
Designed by Lena