Thursday, May 15, 2008

I (sort of) miss grad school

Grad school holds the unique place in my life where I felt the smartest and the stupidest. After my first few days, I was convinced that the admissions committee must have switched my application for someone else's. I spent the next 2 years wondering how I had gotten lucky enough to study with and learn from these brilliant people. I also finished up feeling like I created the best scholarship I will likely ever produce.

My life today certainly doesn't provide the highs or lows of those sleep deprived years. I miss feeling like my brain was stretching every day. At the end of the day, I'm craving conversation that doesn't have to do with bodily functions, food or developmental milestones. I hope that taking classes again will fill the brain function void I'm currently experiencing.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena