Monday, May 07, 2012

Aaaah, the cute!

Every once in a while they are so cute that it makes all the ridiculous squabbles, bad attitudes, and temper tantrums worth it. This is one of those times. D'ooohh.


My transition wrapped up beautifully. I had a truly wonderful experience and found that I really like the night shift. This is good news both because my first job is more likely to be a night shift job and because it will lead to better work-life balance for our family. The nurse I worked with was great, getting me in to see everything she could and allowing me to perform procedures galore! She also agreed to write me a letter of recommendation.

On the downside, it is incredibly unlikely that there will be a position available in the department when it comes time for me to look for one. Right now, the system has two hospitals with a Maternity Department. The rumor is that they will be combining the two departments in the next 3 months. They'll be over, not under, staffed. Le sigh. I can't regret choosing this for transition though, it was a phenomenal experience.

Back on the upside, I am one final away from being a graduate nurse! If you've been following along, that means I am one final and one NCLEX away from being an RN. I am looking forward to being done with school for a while, even if it's only for 6 months or a year. I am also looking forward to what is likely to be a summer off with my boys. We have our Sesame Place passes, our inflatable pool in the basement and some tentative summer adventures planned. Now if only the weather would cooperate.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena