Monday, August 20, 2012

Feeling blue

Yes, I'm in a blog slump.This is mostly due to the fact that we've had quite a lot of crap to deal with here and I'm feeling quite blue. Our problems are not real problems. No one is ill, we have a comfy house, and our kids are brilliant and cute (one humble opinion).

Ry and I have been trying to the do right thing, financially for quite a while now, and it just seems that every step forward leads to two steps back. Learn from us. We bought our house in 2005, at (what we later learned) was the peak of the housing bubble. Now, 7 years later, after paying our mortgage faithfully, on time and in full every month, we are still underwater. This is depressing. We tried once before to refinance the house, so that at the very least we could start making more headway on the principal. We are again in the process of trying to refinance the house to a 15 year note. The appraisal came back quite a lot lower than we expected, making us even further underwater than we thought.

Add this to the fact that my unsuccessful job search seems unlikely to end any time soon and you might be able to see why I'm feeling a little blue. As it turns out, my new degree isn't worth a whole lot until and unless you have a couple of years of experience or a BSN to go with it. Since the experience seems unlikely to materialize without, you know, a job, my next avenue is to fast-track the BSN. If I go full time, I can probably get it finished in about a year, but it will cost more money, that we don't have. This is super depressing.

So anyway, we are trying to figure out our way forward. While we do this, I find that I'm totally unmotivated to update the blog. Sorry. I'll get back to it sometime.

Please don't think that my life is doom and gloom. It's not. I'm having a lovely summer with the boys and my mom. We have been able to spend lots of time together, see our friends a lot and generally enjoy all that summer has to offer. There's just this stuff hanging over me at the moment.

Here's a picture of Gummy Bear making a cheese volcano with what was about to become a lasagna. He's going to be a very good husband some day.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena