Saturday, December 08, 2007

Ho Ho F@#*ing Ho

The Christmas season really brings out the best in people. In what should be a time when people reflect on the blessings in their lives and choose how to share those blessings, most people are more stressed, uptight and angry than at any other time of the year.

Case #1: In line at Michael's to buy candles for my advent wreath, I saw another mother with a little girl a few months older than T. I smiled at her and T gave her a big, toothless grin. We started a little conversation when the mother turned around, gave me an evil glare and pushed her child and cart in front of her so we could no longer see each other. I have a baby for goodness sake! I'm not a creepy old crank staring at your baby.

Case #2: We were driving through a parking lot, apparently too slowly. The car behind us honked at us. How dare we drive through the parking lot?

For anyone who might be stressing about gifts for us ... don't. We have everything we need. Thank you for the thought, but we'd rather have your company (or phone calls) than anything you could buy for us. Have a wonderful Christmas remembering the real reason for the season.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I hear ya, Sisterface. I just want to tell people that it's Christmas, stop stressing about it and start enjoying it. I'm just looking forward to family time with you guys!

Papa said...

AMEN! Faith, Family, good friends, health... all the rest is bonus. Enjoy Christmas! Tell everyone Merry Christmas, not happy holidays. I look forward to surrounding myself with family as well. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Papa. However, I must add that the only one who is upset by others actions toward you is you. Obviously, those people don't care if you are upset. Please, for your sense of happiness, choose to not let those people steal your joy. We are a most blessed family. With you, I choose to thank God for that! (I'm steeping off my soapbox now.)
Love you all

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,
Ditto. I know what you are talking about. I try my darndest to be more than nice to people and wow sometimes they just SUCK. Just smile and nodd and prettend that you like them. Makes them even more mad. i have also been known to be snotty and say the the rude lady as she walks away,..." Sorry honey, I guess her mommy is just a stuck up B*&**." Not really, but i think it. HEHE. Love ya

 
Designed by Lena