Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Make new friends

As I've discussed before, it's tough to make new friends, even when you share "events" centered around your kids. Since Ry is out of town tonight, T and I went to see a kid's concert at a nearby Barnes and Noble. We ran into a friend from my mom's group and she invited me to dinner with her daughter and husband. It was a really nice time, and fun to watch the kids together. They sat us at one of those big round booths (surprising not at the back of the restaurant) so the kids were in highchairs right next to each other. Hilarity ensued. They stole each other's crayons, food, and sippy cups and since the chairs were on wheels, kept scooting each other around.

It's also nice to have an adult conversation with people you genuinely enjoy. As my dad would say, they pass the beer test.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena