Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Tiny Love,

Today you are almost 15 months old. I can only hope I will remember today for the rest of my life. I want to remember it not because you were perfectly behaved (you weren't) or because you didn't throw any tantrums (you did), but because it so perfectly encapsulates the little boy you are becoming too quickly.

This morning we went shopping to buy your Daddy a Father's Day gift. He's terrific, by the way. You are a very lucky boy to have a Dad like him. You have his sweet nature and good heart. I can tell already. You got a little cranky because you were tired of sitting in a shopping cart. I don't blame you.

After we got home, you made it abundantly clear that you were ready for a nap. After a week and a half of 3 hour naps, you surprised me with a 1 hour nap today. I barely made it into the shower before you got up. Then you made short work of your lunch. Today it was bread, leftover chicken and mixed vegetables. Really though, you only eat the carrots and green beans.

We also went to Lee's Turkey Farm today to meet up with some other Moms and babies and to pick strawberries. At first, you were content to run up and down the rows. After you figured out that you could pick the strawberries off the plants yourself ... watch out. You were covered with red, sticky juice in an instant. You ate the leaves and stems too. Mmm, fiber. At least it wasn't rocks or mulch this time. I paid the cashier extra for your little field banquet.

Your Dad was helping some friends move tonight, so it was just you and me for dinner and bedtime too. I made your favorite meal, pasta with peas and pesto. You make yummy noises when you eat, just like your Daddy.

After dinner we went outside to play. It was a really beautiful evening. You discovered the joy of throwing your sippy cup down the slide. Again and again you would retrieve it, give it a toss and look up at me and say "Uh Oh." You also slid down the slide all by yourself for the first time tonight. When you got up, I said "Yeah, Tucker" and you clapped your pudgy little hands. I chased you around the yard for a little while and then just sat and watched you play. Words cannot explain how much I love you or how much peace is in my heart when you are near.

Now you're sleeping. You rock and put your little butt in the air when you go to sleep. It's when you're sleeping that I remember how big you've gotten. You fit in your crib now in a way you never did when you were an infant. I love you so much, little man. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with tomorrow.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

G'pa said...

Thanks for sharing. As parents, we were filled with the same amazement once upon a time. It is still a sweet memory. It is good for you to write it down, though, because our memories don't often keep the details in focus. Still, we share a warm, knowing smile with you as you tell us of our delightful Grandson.

Amanda said...

How sweet!
I used to find letters that my mom wrote to me when I was litte in photo albums as a teenager (she never knew until recently). A letter similar to this one really helped me understand her better and even contributed to us having a stronger relationship. I hope you keep this so Tucker can read it one day!

nana said...

I am so glad to see you writing to T. I only wish I had done the same.

 
Designed by Lena