Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I flushed them down the toilet!


T has been taking very short naps this week. One of the consequences of short naps is that I don't get my shower in until after he wakes up. Usually when he's in the bathroom when I shower, he's throwing things in the shower, flushing the toilet, saying "uh, oh", and generally wreaking havoc. Today he was being really, really quiet. That is never a good thing. I peaked around the shower curtain to see T swirling my underwear around the toilet bowl with one hand, with his other hand poised to flush. "No, no!" I cried. Then, I ducked back behind the shower curtain to hide my laughter.

The whole incident reminded me of when my sister proudly pranced out of the bathroom when she was just a little older than T and announced that her panties weren't wet anymore because she flushed them down the toilet. At least she didn't blame that one on me. When she was about the same age, she wet her bed. When my dad asked who pee-peed in her panties, she said "JuJu did it." Maybe he would have blamed it on me if he had the words to do so. There's something to be said for a kid who doesn't say much yet. Good times.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hahahaha! Apparently flushing panties down the toilet is a really really logical thing to do when you're little.

Becky said...

P.S. This picture is like looking at old pictures of you. Especially the one in Dad's office where you're about this age and only wearing over-sized Bears (Cubs? Illini?) coat.

 
Designed by Lena