Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go


Well, not packed, exactly, but the last load of laundry is in the dryer. T and I are going to visit my mom in the sultry south (highs in the 90s, ug) for a week. I'm looking forward to someuninterrupted time with my mom. It's been a long time since we've had the opportunity. We get back on Tuesday and leave for Oz on Thursday evening. We're attempting our first long car trip with T. The current plan is to drive overnight, so T has to be conscience for only a few hours of the trip. We'll see how that works out. Blogging may be limited.
I got a letter of congratulations and a certificate from the college today for my outstanding spring semester. It made me giggle. I think I'll frame it and hang it on my wall. Grades used to mean a lot to me. They still do, but more as a marker of how well I mastered the material than as a goal in themselves. My dad's restaurant used to give away free treats for getting As. Where's my Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream, dad?

T has been talking up a storm lately. Some of my recent favorites: "Mommy, I'm so sleepy" (before his nap). "No change the diaper" (after every nap). "I cleaned it" (describing his day at school). "Sit on the patio" (telling me to move my butt because he wanted to pour water on the chair I was sitting in. You can't fault his logic).

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It's sad that the first thing I noticed is that it is a Dora backpack - and I don't even have kids - but I sure do get the "Super Sleuth" song from Winnie the Pooh stuck in my head often!! I think i may miss being up to date on the kiddie shows

Jube said...

Rescue Pack is actually Diego, but Tucker digs both right now. Right now, they're the only things he's into.

cathy said...

Ahh yes - I am very familiar with the rescue pack as well - they look so similiar when made into REAL backpacks!! That darn song gets stuck in my head too - "...a surfboard, a snowboard, whatever you need, you can do it!! du du. Nothin too it" du du du.

Becky said...

Have fun in Memphis!

 
Designed by Lena