Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Holding on and creeping up

We have a bit of a perfect storm brewing right now. I have 3 families who have agreed to watch T should the baby come before my mom gets here on Sunday evening. One of them is out of town until late Friday and the other two will be out of town this weekend. I've enlisted another friend, who can hopefully be available should I go into labor Friday. Friday also happens to be the only day that the hospital has no midwife coverage (one of the doctors would have to deliver me). Given all that, it's almost guaranteed that I'll go into labor on Friday.

I had a midwife appointment this morning and have progressed no further than I was two and a half weeks ago. That really doesn't mean anything in the great scheme of things, I could still go into labor tonight. I also gained another 3 pounds this week (despite the fact that I am eating less each week as the baby squeezes my stomach into my cardiac cavity). The midwives aren't concerned and seem to think it's water weight. The good news is that V.2 looks good, sounds good, and still seems to be quite happy to stay put for the time being. Chant with me folks, "Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday." Stay tuned, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I told Ry today that you would have the baby tomorrow since it is my half birthday - then I took it back when he told me of your dilemna. I shall continue to try and be patient

Becky said...

Funny you should mention that could still go into labor today...

Frank said...

Let me state the obvious. It all worked out fine. We are so pleased to welcome Finley.

 
Designed by Lena