Monday, January 30, 2012

The week in review

I started class again last week. After nearly 6 weeks off, 4 full days of school last week felt pretty brutal. We have another full week of class this week, with our clinical rotation starting next week. I start with 2 weeks in community health (school nursing and home visits), then mental health, critical care, and telemetry. 

We had orientation for mental health last week. I'm starting to see that mental health nursing is going to be a horse of a different color. Instead of our nursing uniforms, we are supposed to wear business casual. The terminology and nursing responsibilities are completely different too.

I was pretty wiped out by the time Friday afternoon rolled around and wanted nothing more than to order in.   Unfortunately for me, we have decided to nearly cut restaurants from our budget until I'm out of school. We ended up having eggs and pancakes for dinner. The kids loved it and Ry cooked, so it worked out well for me.

Our weekend morning look a lot like this:

Gummy Bear has mad dance skills.
I had a ukulele lesson, where my instructor taught me to read tab. I am making a serious effort to play the uke for at least 30 minutes every day. If I don't, I feel like we're wasting money on the lessons. I have made some good progress in the last month ... so that's cool.

Ry and I went out last night to celebrate our 8th anniversary, which actually occurs tomorrow. We went to see The Artist. It was wonderful. We also rented Crazy. Stupid. Love. It was amazing. I have to say that Steve Carrel is beginning to grow on me. Happy Anniversary to us tomorrow!

Tomorrow back to the grind. This morning, however, I'm enjoying some snuggle time on the couch with my two favorite boys. *snuggle*

1 comment:

Jo said...

Happy anniversary, Beautiful Couple!

 
Designed by Lena