Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The course evaluation that wasn't

Last night was the last official day of my A&P class.  I have a final next Monday and then I'm done until January.  As is customary, we had course evaluations to complete.  My experience with course evals (both as a student and instructor) is that there are questions standard to the entire college and a few that the course director throws  in.  

This was a horse of a different color.  The eval was obviously course-specific, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing (although it makes it difficult to compare instructors across disciplines, but I digress).  Nope, this evaluation asked questions like "Did you read the textbook?", "What advice do you have for incoming students?", and "What was your favorite lab?".  These were the hard-hitting questions.  There was not a single question about the instructor. Not one.  This is the survey equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and singing "LA LA  LA."  The last question was something about any "other" comments you might have about the course.  I had a few.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The instructor isn't bad if no one knows...

 
Designed by Lena