Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Come on September

Many days I sit back at the end of the day and think about how blessed I am to be able to stay home with my boys. This was not one of those days.

Little Bit decided that naps were so yesterday and took four 30 minute naps. In between naps, he wanted to eat non stop. While there was surprisingly little crying given the lack of sleep, I'm still exhausted from dragging his butt around and thirsty from, you know, feeding him all day.

T has decided that going pee "a little bit" in his underwear is the correct way of getting my attention. We went through 4 pairs today. We have a couple of really good weeks, and then he gets a wild hair and spends the day having accidents.

I had about 5 minutes to myself today ... including bathroom time.

Today was one of those days that I long for September and nursing school. Sure I'll be working my tail off, but for 3 glorious days every week, I get to interact with adults all day. I get to eat a meal without cleaning milk off the floor, pacing the kitchen with a screaming infant or letting my food go cold while I satisfy yet another request for "more something to eat." Heck, I may even get through the day without spit up or an unidentifiable sticky spot on my shirt.

Don't get me wrong. I love my boys. I love that I get to watch them grow up and I love that I'm the one raising them. I certainly don't want to go back to working 50+ hours a week. But some days, I need a break.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds like a rough day. Hope tomorrow is better!

 
Designed by Lena