Monday, February 14, 2011

A snippet

Scene: The boys and I are in the car, driving to the park. I've just gotten them from school.

T: Mommy, I'm ready for another baby.

Me: You are?

T: Yes. I think we should name him F.

Me: But, we already have an F.

F: Ah. Dah dah dah.

T: It's OK!

Me: But if we have two Fs, how will they know who we're talking to?

T: I don't know ....

F: Mmmmmmmmm. Ahhh. Dah!

Me: And anyway, what if we have a girl baby next?

T: Your tummy makes boy babies.

Me: Not necessarily.

F: Raspberry noise.


T: Well. When your tummy is done making boy babies, then it'll be ready to make girl babies.

F: More raspberries.


Me: I see.

T: Mommy, do you see that ditch down there?

Me: Yes.

T: If F fell in, you would have to hold him really tight. You would hold him really tight, right?

Me: Of course I would kiddo.

T: Because if you didn't, then we'd be really sad because we didn't have a baby any more.

Me: I would hold him really tight and he wouldn't fall in.

F: Mmmmah!

T: And me?

Me: I would hold you really tight too. And Daddy. I wouldn't let anyone fall in that ditch.

T: OK. Good.

F: Aaah. Dah.

T: Mommy?

Me: Yes?

T: I love you.

Me: I love you too, kiddo.

-------------------------------------------

I'm looking for blog nicknames for us all.  All the initial business seems silly, and it seems like everyone has blog nicknames. Suggestions?

2 comments:

LaLa said...

I'm partial Gummy Bear and Cheeky Monkey myself.icart

G'pa said...

When Ry and Cath were little, they were Critter and Miss Mouse

 
Designed by Lena