Sunday, April 17, 2011

In other news

1. My semester is winding up (down?) and so posting will be light until May 17, when SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!
2. Gummy Bear has been in fine form in the past week or so. Between asking me why the wind blows and telling everyone that they "annoy" him I can't wait to see what comes out of his mouth next. I would love to crawl inside that little brain just for an hour.
3. Cheeky Monkey has officially discovered the tantrum. He threw a spectacular one the other day when he didn't want to leave the park. It included screaming, arching his back so it was hard to get him into the carseat and sticking his head under the little carseat wing repeatedly and to his great discomfort. I can tell I'm a second-time mom because I spend most of the time trying not to laugh instead of trying not to blow a gasket. So much rage for such a little person.
4. The government didn't shut down! There was much rejoicing! We're getting paid until at least September, when I'm sure the children in Congress will once again use nearly 1 million paychecks to play chicken.
5. This was funny. Ry said that Gummy Bear was playing naptime on the floor. He would spread the blanket out and put out a pillow for Cheeky Monkey to lay down on. He chose here. Five or 6 times.
 Finally, Ry took pity on Gummy Bear and moved him over where he was supposed to be napping.
 And then much cuteness ensued.  All together now ... awwwwww!
 6. I finally start my maternity rotation this week!!! I've been waiting all semester for this. This week I'll be in post-partum and next week I'll be in L&D and nursery.
7. You all rock. Yesterday, I got a donation for March of Dimes that meets my goal for this year's March for Babies. Thank you so much to everyone who made a donation. I'll be walking on April 30 and will be sure to post an update from that day. Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.
8. That's all. Have a lovely week.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck on your exams and remaining rotations!

Jube said...

Thanks Becky!

 
Designed by Lena