Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Jube and the AARP

Our family joined our local YMCA this weekend. There are two branches in our community, one of which has an outdoor pool, which we thought would be swell for the summer. After Ry's and my physicals, we also decided that it's time to get back into the gym and be healthy for our kids.

So this morning, I got back into a pool for the first time in almost 4 years. The next-youngest person swimming laps was probably 60. Still, I was feeling pretty good. I only had to stop 3 or 4 times during my 40 minute swim to gasp like the out-of-shape, 31-year-old I am. By the end, I had found my rhythm again and was cruising up and back, up and back. And then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman who was 75 if she was a day. I saw her little bathing cap zooming up out of the corner of my eye, and BAM, she flew right by me.

Today I got smoked by my grandmother. And how is your day?

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena