Friday, February 24, 2012

One down

We had our first exam of the semester today. Because our scantron machine broke (and the school is closing, so no one is paying to have it repaired), our instructors have to hand-score the exam. So, it'll be a while before we have test scores. I think I did pretty well, so there will be no lost sleep for me.

One of my classmates has been keeping a running tally of "days until graduation." Today, that number is 89. This is both extremely exciting and extremely terrifying. At the moment, I feel like I'm at the tippy top of a roller coaster and the car has just started to creep over the edge. You know that moment? It's the one where you get the first glimpse of how high you are? Then the adrenaline kicks in because you are so excited and scared at the same time? I look forward to that feeling of weightlessness and the adrenaline high. And then it's fast and scary and fun and before you know it, you're done and waiting for the restraints to unlock. So yeah. One tortured analogy later and you know how I'm feeling about the rest of the semester.

The rest of the semester is going to go fast. I have 3 more 2-week clinical rotations and then start my transition experience. Next week we put in our requests for where we want to transition. In point of fact, I only have 6 or so weeks of "classroom" time left in nursing school. Holy cow. I'm actually going to be a nurse. And soon.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Whoosh!

Cathy said...

This makes me smile, and is absolutely accurate

 
Designed by Lena