Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Baby food

I'm becoming a hippie. A larger and larger proportion of our food is organic. All of Tucker's is. I'm seriously considering buying natural cleaning products.

Last night I found myself making a lot of baby food. Every Monday Tucker and I stop at a little farmer's market after our walk. The woman who runs it has gotten to know us and started talking with me about baby food. Apparently she made all the baby food for her kids and gave me the bug. I bought a bunch of apples and a butternut squash. Butternut squash, for those of you who may not know, is one of the "decorative" winter squash that looks like a giant yellow phallus. If you bake it for a long time it gets squishy. A little cuisinarting later, and I have 4 huge bags of squash and apples and squash and corn. It's actually pretty tasty. We'll have to see tonight if Tucker agrees.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Uh, oh. What was it in grad school, the damn rhetoric hippies? Not that this has anything to do with rhetoric, of course.

 
Designed by Lena