Monday, October 29, 2007

Marketing at its finest


As you may or may not know I try to buy organic/free range food whenever I can. Organic cheeses at the grocery stores near us cost private school tuition. When I saw this package, I thought, OK, sounds good. Then, I got home and read the fine print on the back:

Our 3rd Limited Edition Cheese is Pasture Grazed Cheddar, which features authentic cheese taste that results that graze on pasture. To capture this wonderful flavor, we selected two special dairy farms in Southwest Wisconsin this past spring. Their Holstein, Swiss, and Jersey cows went out to pasture for several months -- and they enjoyed life on the open range the whole season long. The rolling, lush green hills, sweet green grasses, calm summertime breezes and cool, clean well water - all combine to make a Cheddar cheese with a smooth, rich, cream and slightly sweet, yet earthy flavor.

Well, thank goodness they got a whole SEASON of life on the range. Are you freaking kidding me? That's like taking veal on vacation and calling it free range.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena