Monday, October 15, 2007

On Henna and Body Art

Mom and Greg were in town this weekend. We went to Lancaster, PA to Amish country and the Renaissance Faire. It was a really fun trip and Tucker was really really good. I'm impressed by how well he handles traveling to be honest.

At the faire, I had this henna body art done. I love it. I've always been afraid of getting a tattoo because I always think I'll hate it in a few years. At 18 I would have probably gotten a butterfly, which I would hate today. At 21 it would likely have been an angel or something egyptian. Wouldn't hate the angel, would hate the something egyptian. Now this would be my choice. I'm sure in 10 years I'll hate this too. I also worry about how something will look when my skin is loose and wrinkly. There really isn't any part of your body that doesn't sag and wrinkle at some point in your life. Just need to find someone who will do this for me every couple of weeks.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love henna! I bought my own a few years ago so I could do my own henna tattoos. It worked out pretty well because the kit came with patterns that rubbed off on your skin, so even klutzes like me could do it. Your hands are very pretty!

Jube said...

Where did you get your henna? I've heard lots of cautionary tales about getting unpure henna that causes crazy allergic reactions. I'm thinking it's not carried at my neighborhood Target.

Thanks. I love my hand. If I could spare the $35 bucks, I'd keep it touched up all the time.

Becky said...

I bought mine from here: http://www.amerikanbodyart.com/hennasupplies.html

The kit cost me $25, I think.

Becky said...

Oh, and the bottle of henna lasted foreeeevvvveeeerrrr. It was a pretty good deal, I got at least 20 tattoos out of it and I could have had more. I ended up throwing out the bottle because I was moving out of my apartment and wasn't going to be anywhere permanent for three months.

 
Designed by Lena