Monday, April 07, 2008

And the adventure begins

Today I finally got some of my questions answered about the admissions process for the nursing program. Turns out, they won't be needing my SAT scores (good thing, since they're 13 years old). The transcript from my undergrad and the application is all they need. I asked about my master's classes and the woman from the admissions office said something about them being "not applicable." Yeah, I'm going to be a big old waste of a master's degree.

Anyhow, I'll be admitted to a pre-nursing curriculum prior to the actual nursing program. They do this primarily because admission into the program is quite competitive and they want people to have finished all their prereqs before taking one of the available slots. Admission in the fall is for more traditional students. Classes are in the daytime. I'll be looking for admission in the spring, which offers evening and weekend classes. It looks like the earliest I'll be admitted to the actual nursing curriculum is spring 2010. Yikes. I should be able to start taking my prereq science classes this fall. All in all, it looks like it will take me almost as long to complete this AS program as my BA took. Guess that's what happens when you have other responsibilities.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Are they going to make you take freshman English and stuff you obviously don't need?

Sorry it's going to take so long, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Jube said...

I shouldn't have it. Ultimately, it'll be up to the program director.

Anonymous said...

Copy cat
~Cathy

Jube said...

What can I say? Genius breeds copy cats.

 
Designed by Lena