Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The First of April

It just occurred to me that it's April Fool's Day. This is one of those holidays only celebrated by kids, the media and overgrown boys. Anyway, happy (merry, joyous?) April Fool's Day!

In other news, Ry is still out of town. I'm going to dinner with some friends tonight, which will help the week not suck. The mall where we're meeting has an extensive indoor kid's play area. It's been super rainy here the past couple of days, so aside from the big Target trip yesterday, T and I have been stuck inside. I think we're going to go to the mall early so he has time to blow off some steam. For some reason he has been ridiculously clingy the past 2 days. He wanted my attention every one of his waking hours yesterday. How do I keep this from becoming a habit? He's generally a pretty independent player, so I can only hope he's feeling a little clingy and will get over in a few days.

I just had a thought. We quit the morning nursing a few days ago. Perhaps this is the cause of his newfound insecurity? He didn't seem to miss it at all, but maybe this is the manifestation? I really expected to feel only relief at getting rid of the final 2 nursings per day. I'm finding that I miss my baby snuggle time in the morning (although not enough to start nursing again). I've been snatching him up for hugs and kisses more often to try and make up for it. This he enjoys not so much. It reminds me of the Jack Johnson song "I always have to steal my kisses from you." He'll kiss me back when he's in the mood.

I hope to have stopped the nighttime nursing by the time he's 13 months. I'm afraid this one will prove the most difficult. He's usually in a state close to coma by the time he's done nursing at night. I'm afraid the sippy cup just isn't going to cut it.

Well, I'm using my precious baby nap time to blog. I need to go do fun things like laundry. Happy April!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena