Monday, September 08, 2008

Boys are gross

I have one sister.  She's not gross.  Growing up, my dad never made me bait my own hook or kill my own creepy crawlies (although he did make me pick up dog poo ... I'm forever scarred).  I wasn't a particularly girlie girl, but I am throughly unprepared for the boy my little baby is about to become.

It is darling that he wants to investigate everything.  He wants to know how doors work, how rocks taste and if he can pull every thing out of my bag before I get to him.  Today we were at the park, and T was putting mulch and rocks on the merry-go-round (an alternative to throwing them that I rather endorse).  Then I noticed something in his hand that didn't look like mulch or rocks.  Nope.  It was a big, ugly, creepy, crawlie, inch-and-half long beetle.  When I realized what he had in his hand I started shaking it uncontrollably and exhorting him to let go.  The bug went flying and landed legs-up next to the merry-go-round.  I don't know if it was squished or dismembered, but I do know that it spent the next 20 minutes trying to right itself.  He also tried to eat a piece of siding and there was a cricket in my laundry pile today. Um, ew.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Boys ARE gross, but they're also more willing to go kill the spider in the bathroom. Just think, someday when Tucker is 10 and Ryan's out of town, you can have him kill the creepy crawly things instead of having to do it yourself!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!! I was alwyas the little girl asking why she coulnd't take off her shirt and run around the park with boys, and, yes, I was also made to bait my own hook! I guess that goes with having an older brother though. by the way, where the heck are the recent photos?! I'm going through withdrawal! Counting down the days until my trip!

 
Designed by Lena