Monday, September 22, 2008

Ions and ureters and centromeres

Oh my.  I just finished my first exam in my Anatomy and Physiology class.  All in all, I think it went pretty well.  I am annoyed by professors who mention something, offhand, once, and then ask a question about it on the exam.  Lucky for me, I guessed this particular professor might be this type and wrote down everything that came out of her mouth (that I could catch when I wasn't furiously scribbling notes).  There were one or two questions that didn't even sound familiar, but I think I'll come out with a pretty good score.

I have a lab practical tomorrow, which is some of the same material and some other, very specific material.  A&P fun fact: in order to make one viable egg, sex gametes must also produce 3 polar bodies that simply disinigrate each month.  In contrast, cell division (or meiosis if you will) produces 4 viable sperm.  Also, saturated fats are bad, mmm kay?

5 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, anatomy and physiology sounds you have to learn a lot of information. Hope your grade is happy!

Jube said...

I am astounded by the sheer volume of material we have to learn for each exam. Last night was the lab practical. Everything on that at least sounded familiar.

ldupbeat said...

When I took A&P, I was taking 17 credits total. I found myself studying the same amount for A&P that I had to study for all the other classes combined. Ashley had to take it too. I think her teacher and class was harder then mine.

Patty said...

A&P sounds horrible. I hope you did great on your exam! Miss you!

Jube said...

@ ldupbeat: I hope you're right. I'm taking 3 classes next semester and one of them is the second half of A&P.
@ patty: it's really not too bad.

 
Designed by Lena