Tuesday, October 14, 2008

In which I rock A&P

Ahhh, having the highest grade on the last exam is sweet, sweet relief.  I felt like such an idiot for the first few weeks of my Anatomy and Physiology class.  Because of the high percentage of students in the class that already work in healthcare, I thought I was starting way behind the line.  And then ... and then my friends, I totally rocked the last exam.  I think I'm going to need it. Our next exam is on the skeletal system.  If it were only the bones, I wouldn't be so worried, but we also need to know the fossas (holes), processes (extensions), depressions, joints and articulations (which bones touch) of all the bones.  I'm going to need the extra points to offset the upcoming exam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the tuberosity of ishium (or perhaps the greater trochanter) might just be my favorite bone features, just because they are fun to say! Rote memorization is never fun though, we test over skeletan system and joints on Monday, I will be sending you my positive thoughts as I study

Jube said...

I didn't know what you were talking about until I went to class tonight. Good luck! My test is on Tuesday. Do you have a lecture and a lab?

G'pa said...

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones, now hear the word of the Lord...sounds like you better pray while you study! :-)

Anonymous said...

Technically it is a lab and lecture combined, but we haven't done much labby-type things yet. Just identifying stuff on skeletons and looking at tissues under a microscope. As we move into the organ systems I think we will beging to "cut into some cats" (as my professor says) A rather disturbing way to look at it. but no lab reports which is a major plus for me!

 
Designed by Lena