Friday, October 17, 2008

Strike Up the Band!

Twelve years later, I can still do high school algebra! I took my placement exam this morning and placed into the (one) math class I have to take to complete my nursing curriculum.  Now I can relax and focus on my skeletal system exam(s) ... because that's relaxing.

As a side note, the people on our campus during the day are a far different crowd from those in the evenings.  I felt like I should be chaperoning the other students in line for the testing center this morning.  It'll be interesting to take daytime classes in the Spring.

On another side note, I've never attended a college that used its testing center to give normal class exams.  The vast majority of the other students were taking exams for their business, criminal science or other classes.  This seems strange to me. Why not just give the exam during the class period?  Has anyone else had this experience?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

At the college level students with disabilities frequently take their regular class exams at the testing center where they can have the modifications (the exam read to them, more time, a different environment) that they require. ADA and other laws (such as 'IDEA') require this of any publicly funded school.

Jube said...

That makes sense, although given the sheer number of people there, I don't think this was the case. There were a good 100 people in line before/after me.

 
Designed by Lena