Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Trying desperately not to laugh

Today T was sitting on a footstool chatting with me as I nursed F. When he left to pursue another adventure, I put my feet on the footstool. A few minutes later he came in and told me to move my feet. I told him that he left and now it was my turn to use the footstool. Plus, he hadn't asked me to move in a polite way. He turned to hit my feet, thought better of it and then said "I'm going to saw you in pieces!" He "sawed" my legs to bits and left the room. A few moments later he came back in the room and said "Mommy, may I please use the chair?" After he sat down, he fixed my legs "fix fix fix fix", and all was once again right with the world.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That's pretty cute. I wish "fix fix fix" worked in real life too. I have some carpet that's looking a bit patchy, not to mention my whacky digital antenna and moldy shower.

Jube said...

My favorite is when he's pretending something and he says "tend, tend tend." I thought you fixed the moldy shower?

I think this mad me laugh so much because he was so angry and didn't quite know how to channel the anger. It reminds me of a story Ry's mom tells about how he got mad at her and drew her pictures of "black" (poo) to get even. There was plain black, black on a guitar, and a couple others. She still has the pictures.

Becky said...

I did fix the moldy shower, but it was a lot of work and "fix fix fix" would have been way easier.

It's pretty interesting to watch little kids figure out how to channel their emotions. It's like you can see the little gears in their heads turning.

 
Designed by Lena