Thursday, August 05, 2010

8 Things: The I've been gone a long time edition

1. My Unlicensed Assistive Personnel course went beautifully. The boys loved being with their Mummu and Tantie. In fact, by the end of the 3 weeks, F would play with someone else even if I was in the same room. I couldn't have asked for a better transition for the boys. I think daycare will go much more smoothly because of their experience.

2. After 3 days in the hospital, helping people with baths, taking vital signs, feeding and caring for patients I feel even more convinced that I've chosen the right career (finally). I'm really looking forward to getting into the nuts and bolts of nursing.

3. I have decided that I will care for my parents at home for as long as humanly possible. I saw some sad stuff during my brief stay at the hospital.

4. That said, I also saw some great stuff. I want to be the 90-year-old lady I cared for who had us all in stitches.

5. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are awesome. That's all.

6. I'm really glad that nursing school is not 5 days a week. I went into serious kiddo withdrawal by the end of the first week. Three days a week is going to be the perfect balance of school and kiddo time.

7. A day after class was over and the family left, the boys and I got on an airplane to go and visit my Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother in NM. While both boys were very good, I still don't recommend the 2-on-1 flight to anyone any time soon. Thankfully, my mom met us at our layover and helped with the second flight, baggage claim and car rental.

8. We're having a great time, but that's a subject for another post. I promise it won't be another 3 weeks this time.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're back! Hooray!

melydia said...

Sounds like things are going well. Rock on!

 
Designed by Lena