Sunday, January 23, 2011

10 Things: The too lazy to write a real blog post edition

1. Had a lovely visit with my Mom and G.  I'll get some pictures up soon.  Since F had an ear infection and we were all a bit under the weather when they arrived, our first couple of days were spent indoors.  Towards the end we got out and about, and even visited the Please Touch Museum in Philly.  The boys were in heaven.  Every time we have visitors I'm forcibly reminded of how much I miss having family about. Still, we're lucky that we get to see most of them several times a year.
2. Go Bears!
3. I'm sporting a lovely purple bruise and bite mark on my left shoulder at the moment. (Mind out of the gutter, folks).  T was never a biter. F, apparently, is.  Every couple of days he snuggles up on my shoulder and takes a bite.  Every time, I put him down and scold him and he cries then.  Then he won't try it again for a few days.  It's like just he just can't resist. Just. One. Taste.
4. I'm less-than-excited about school starting again Tuesday. I've been avoiding eye contact with my reading list and my single nod to the impending craziness is stocking up on school lunch fodder at the grocery store today.  I know once I get back into the swing of things I'll really enjoy my semester, but I've really been enjoying my break.  Goodbye Nook.  Goodbye TV.  Goodbye sanity. I'll see you again in June.
5. We're trying to decide what to do for/about T's 4th birthday.  We did a big party last year, so I'm not inclined to do this same this year.  Still, our house reaches max capacity around 10, so I don't know how to go about a house party.  Silly March birthdays anyway. If it was summer we could have a great outdoors party.
6. Um. Go Bears.
7. We've got more snow in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday. I enjoy a snow day as much as the next girl, but seriously? It's only mid-January. Most of the East Coast has already received their entire average snowfall for the season.  Also, I don't look forward to having to make up the snow days in June.
8. F cuts his teeth in herds.  He cut 6 right in a row when he was about 8 months old, and then nothing until about 2 weeks ago, when he cut another 4. See? Come to think of it, that's probably why he keeps biting me.
9. I recently found this blog, Fed Up With Lunch, which is about a woman who ate the school lunch in her urban, Midwestern school for a couple of school years.  It's funny, and eye opening.  It's no wonder that kids get out into the real world and have no idea what healthy food looks like, let alone how to cook or prepare it.  Also, it reminds me that it's hard to get your kids to eat well when they're surrounded by junk.You'll have to go backwards a bit in the blog posts, as her project is over and the recent posts are just about her life and nutrition since.
10. I don't really have a 10. It seems like lists should come in multiples of 10 though. So here's number 10.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena