Sunday, July 15, 2012

8 Things

1. I am still waiting for my nursing license number. This is annoying to me. I did finally get my fingerprinting and background checks done last week, so I'm hopeful that I'll have a number sometime in the next week or two. In the meantime, I am getting a nice collection of rejection emails.
2. I am registered to take the class and test for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification in a few weeks. Many of the jobs I see advertised either list it as required or a "strongly preferred". Maybe it will make me more marketable. Either way, at least I feel like I'm doing something. I never really expected to still be license-less, job-less and prospect-less nearly 2 months after graduating.
3. Ry is going to be away for a class for two weeks in August. If anyone would like to come and visit, I'd be super happy for the company.
4. Gummy Bear has been taking swimming lessons for the past 2 weeks. This week he swam the length of the pool without floaties. In so many ways lately he's turning into a proper "boy" instead of a preschooler.
5. The Bear went to his first Vacation Bible School a few weeks ago. He had a great time and has been singing the songs they learned, complete with the dance moves as a "show" almost every day. I've posted the video. He's perfected his moves since this video was taken. The real show starts around 1:11 if you don't want to sit through the first bit.
 
I'm thinking of enrolling him in a dance class, since he seems to have enjoyed this so much.
6. Speaking of a proper "boy," Bear starts kindergarten in less than two months. Eek! How is this possible? We ordered his backpack and lunchbox today. I believe he is going to a good elementary school and he'll do beautifully, but I'm boggled that he's old enough to go to school.
7. The Cheeky Monkey is very much 2 these days. He destroys anything he can gets his hands on and wants  nothing so much as to be just like his big brother. He's a lot sneakier than his brother was at the same age.
8. I'm always surprised by how quickly our summers go away. At the beginning, we have this big empty stretch of weeks ahead of us, full of possibility. Somehow, it's the middle of July already and we've been busy nearly every weekend. The good news about my lack of job is that I've been to enjoy the summer with the boys.  We're planning another camping trip at the end of August after Ry gets back. Hope you're having as much fun with your summer as we have been!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I agree that summer goes by too quickly! Luckily for me, the students don't really come back until the last week of September, so it's like I get an extra month of summer.

Why is the state of New Jersey so slow? Lame. I'm sure once you get your license number that job-like things will start coming through.

Jube said...

My summer might last well into the fall if my rejection list keeps growing! So, there's that.

Becky said...

Awww, sad face. If I were a hospital I would want to hire you!

Cathy said...

Love to GB variety show!

 
Designed by Lena