Friday, July 27, 2012

Ukulele Week Gets Sentimental

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! Today's ukulele song is for you.

I learned this song from my grandmother when I was probably 9 years old. It's one of those songs that is my childhood. When I was 10 or 11 my family when to the state fair and they had a karaoke stand. I got up and belted out Sentimental Journey in front of a crowd of bewildered Mid-westerners. It was the first time my Dad had ever really heard me sing. To hear him tell it, he was pretty surprised. He got a recording of my stage debut and squirreled it away.

Then, he played it at my wedding. I cried.

Here's a new version for you Dad. Thanks for always believing that I was something special. Love you so very much.

 

1 comment:

Papa said...

Best Birthday present ........hhheeevvveeerrr!
Love you so very much!

 
Designed by Lena