Saturday, January 10, 2009

Caffeine Free, Me

Sometimes when Ry makes coffee I have a strange reaction to it.  My ears start itching, I get jittery and my face feels tingly. I switched his coffee and it got better, so I thought, problem solved.  Then the reaction came back.  It seemed to be better when I didn't use the liquid creamer stuff, so I thought I was just having a reaction to that.  Then I got a Starbucks coffee the other day when I was out with a friend.  I only put milk and sweetener in it, but still, 30 minutes later I started feeling all strange.  I've also started noticing that if I have caffeine soda with dinner I have a hard time falling asleep at night. The only conclusion I can draw is that my body is handling caffeine less and less well as I get older.  There are enough caffeine free options out there that I think I'm just going to cut caffeine from my diet (well, except from chocolate, of course).

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena