Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well that was different

I had my first lab for the second half of A&P today.  While I knew that we were going to be dissecting this semester, I have to admit to being a bit unprepared when our Prof started handing out skinned cats 15 minutes into class.  Our cat, Fluffy, is pretty average, for a dead, skinned cat.  His fur (what's left of it) is gingery.  In more proof that I'm just a 12 year old at heart, I giggled while our instructor showed us the "Cat Parts" bucket at the front of the class.  Its use is as you might imagine.  Also at the front was another bucket with funnel labeled "Cat Juice."   

128296101005157500ohnomah.jpg

Like last semester, I'm afraid I'll have to do a lot of self teaching, since our prof ran through the muscles we learned today and said "go."  She was somewhat less than helpful with actually identifying the muscles we were looking for.  I guess she figured we should know what we're doing, since we all have so much experience with, you know, dismembering dead cats.  I thought the whole 'working on fluffy' thing would bother me more than it did.  Really, once we got going, it was more about identifying the muscles than anything.  It's going to be an interesting semester.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ummm, ew?

Anonymous said...

Our cat was named Walter. once you get past the kitty face with gaping mouth it really is kind of cool. I've got my first class tonight.

 
Designed by Lena