Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Things

  • Today when I was wiping his hands off, I said "Let me wipe your hands." T said "No." "Yes please," I said. "No Please," he responded.
  • He picks the lima beans out of mixed vegetables ... because he loves them.
  • We bought T a twin sized mattress today.  The mattress shopping experience wasn't quite as soul-sucking as I feared.  It's not unlike buying a used car, however.
  • I hate Caillou with the white hot passion of a thousand buring suns.
  • Everywhere we go, people comment on how big T is for his age.  This, combined with the fact that he's getting a bit aggresive lately as led me to refer to him as a bruiser on more than one occassion.
  • Because of a couple of post-meal skype sessions with the grandparents, T now thinks that we get to talk to Mummu after every meal.
  • When he doesn't want to take a nap, he covers his eyes, then uncovers them, looks up at me with a big grin, and says "Peek-boo!"
  • As a parent, I like that I get to make up rules.  You have to take off your shoes before you can go see daddy downstairs.

6 comments:

Becky said...

You're gonna tell him "Because I'm the Mommy and I said so" aren't you?

Jube said...

It's likely that those words will come out of my mouth someday.

Becky said...

What about Caillou is so hatred-inspiring?

Anonymous said...

Hey hey I'm the Mommy. Oops, wrong kid.:)

love, Mom

Jube said...

@ Becky

In no particular order:

1. There are no borders ... scenes fade into nothingness.
2. No one talks like this.
3. These are the most boring parents on the planet. I would stick something in my eyeball if I had to have a playdate with them.
4. Caillou has a fake, stupid laugh.
5. The episodes are never funny, clever, witty or otherwise socially redeeming.
6. I hate when adults are doing the kids voices in cartoons and don't sound remotely like kids.
7. The narrator annoys me. Not entirely sure why, she just does.

G'pa said...

So, other than those reasons, you really don't like it?

 
Designed by Lena