Thursday, February 12, 2009

TMI?

During my delirious waking moments during the GI Epidemic of 2009, I found I kept having the strangest dreams (daydreams, fantasies, delusions?).  Somewhat ironically, we are studying the digestive system in my A&P class right now.  During the 20 minutes between episodes, I would dream that I was traveling through my GI tract.  I watched the smooth muscle cells get all irritated from the stupid virus and start going into hyper-spastic mode.  I watched my cardiac sphincter open up to allow, well, to allow my dinner to reverse its course.  I also kept thinking about the 3-6 hours food spends in the stomach and the 3-10 hours it spends in the small intestines and wondering when it was going to be over.  Because seriously, I couldn't have gotten more empty, folks.  I wonder if these kinds of crazy delusions are going to get worse as I learn more about the human body and pathologies of the human body.  It was a bizarre night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well are classes aren't lining up this semester, we've done blood, Endocrine, and are currently on the heart (which is way more complicated than I ever thought!)Guess I have great excitement in store for the digestive system!

Not Important said...

I heard from a doctor that medical students are the worst hypochondriacs, because they learn all about the things that can go wrong with a body.

"Knowing is half the battle?"

Hmmm...

 
Designed by Lena