Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stuff and Thank Yous and Apologies

1. Paying "a lot of money" to take a class does not mean that the professor should spoon feed you.  Don't understand something? Look it up.
2. My apologies to all of you who had to put up with me during my first undergraduate degree.  I had no idea what stress or a crazy life was.
3. It's really satisfying to go to a class you had to miss because your baby was sick to discover that the professor was sick with the same crap and missed class too.  Bonus: no missed quiz!
4. Just because it's the perfect storm doesn't mean it doesn't screw things up.
5. My apologies to anyone I ever called "kid" during my brief tenure as a university lecturer.  I had no idea how condescending it sounded coming from someone barely older than me.
6. Thank you parents. You sacrificed time at work and play to make sure I grew up to be an individual who could think for myself.
7. Bravo to all you working parents who also attend school. I don't know how you do it.
8. While Ry keeps it from imploding, my house starts to look like a disaster area when I've been sick.
9. Thanks Ry, for taking care of me and our son while I was sick.  And for the whole non-implosion thing.
10. I sincerely hope I don't have another week like this one soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that law of physcis about the universe always moving towards a state of chaos was kind of crap, but then all you have to do is be laid up for a few days or crazy busy and see the how your house looks! Sometimes I just say what the heck, that is how the universe wants to be then fine, be that way! then have to clean that much harder

Unknown said...

Entropy always increases or remains constant. It only decreases when constructive energy is introduced into the system.

 
Designed by Lena