Friday, February 20, 2009

Notes from our capital city

T and I accompanied Ry on his trip to DC this week. We're only here for a couple of days, but it was nice to get out of the house. Yesterday, T and I took in the Natural History Museum. His reaction to the elephant and other big animals was impressive. It's the first time he really noticed the exhibits. We had a great time, although the metro was all kind of screwed up. Apparently, one of the trains derailed early in the morning so two lines were using the same track. Luckily for us, we were able to take alternate lines to get back to the hotel by T's naptime.

I think I could get very used to living in a big city and going everywhere via underground. It's really quite convenient, cheap, and would mean more walking for me. It's a bit of a pain to take the stroller, but I'm guessing I'd end up with a smaller, lighter stroller I could carry onboard (and down escalators) rather than having to find the elevators at every stop. Too bad it's outrageously expensive to live anywhere with a metro (that, and we don't have jobs in those places either .... details).

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena