Monday, February 02, 2009

Meanwhile, in math class

Ms. Quadratic: Ok group, please take out the in-class exercise packet I handed out the first day of class. A hand goes up at the back of the room. Yes?

Doe Eyes: I don't have the handout.

Ms. Quadratic: Really?  I've been giving them out each of the last 3 classes.

Doe Eyes: I haven't been here.

Ms. Quadratic: What's your name?

Doe Eyes: Doe

Ms. Quadratic: Looking at her roster. Oh, I almost dropped you from the course yesterday.  You've missed quite a lot, please see me after class so we can work on getting you caught up.

Doe Eyes: I was in the hospital, I have a note from my doctor.

Ms. Quadratic: Ok, well it wouldv'e been good for you to contact me .... but Ok. See me after class.

Doe Eyes: Dramatic eye roll. Yeah, OK.

Class proceeds.  As class is ending ....

Ms. Quadratic: Ok, that's it for today. Don't forget your online homework is due next week. Glances down at her papers as students begin shuffling out the door.  Ok, Ms. Eyes?  Looks around the room. Doe?  Looks again. I'll be a son of a ....  And alas, Doe is gone.

1 comment:

Becky said...

But she's cuuuuuuuute!

 
Designed by Lena