Monday, March 09, 2009

You don't have the right to waste my time

I've started dreading going to one of my classes during review sessions.  Most of the students don't complete the homework because it's not required.  They don't complete the review packets, and they don't take the time to think.  Instead, they come to the review session and ask asinine questions that our instructor has covered at least half a dozen times.  I wouldn't mind if they were genuinely confused.  Instead, they lack any intellectual curiosity or motivation.  They would rather sleep through class, text their brain dead friends and chitchat and then waste my time.

I am consistently amazed by how different the students are in my classes.  The classes I'm taking that are nursing-specific are mostly filled with bright, energetic, and articulate young people.  The other classes are filled with the lowest common denominator.  I'll be really glad to leave the gen-eds behind.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena