Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Breakfast Fail

So there I was, after my morning class, when I started to get the familiar stomach churn.  Great, I thought, my first appointment with the college commode.  I went into the bathroom, only to discover the first 4 stalls were something approaching biohazard.  The final stall looked mostly clear of bodily fluids, so in I ventured.  I gingerly lifted the lid and crouched down.  Sure enough, one look at the bowl was all it took.  I awkwardly crouched, trying not to touch anything, while holding my hair out of my face.  Then, the autoflush went off.  And went off, and went off and went off.  I groped blindly in my bag until I found a piece of paper to put in front of the sensor, which mercifully stopped the flushing.  Empty at last, I went out to wash my hands and brush my teeth only to receive a condescending stare from a staff member who was obviously in the room for my performance.  Thank you for your obvious concern staff lady.  If this wasn't round two, my dignity would've taken an enormous hit today.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I definately would have said "Hey I'm pregnant!" She probably thought you were a "typical" hungover college student or being irresponsible and coming to spread your flu germs around. You'd think she would have at least given you the obligatory "Are you ok?"

nana said...

Carry a roll of tape in your purse and tape ALL the sensors in the bathrooms shut!!!

 
Designed by Lena