Thursday, April 02, 2009

I tire of eating

Here's one of those things I never thought I'd say: I'm tired of eating.  When I was pregnant with T, I was so nauseous that the mere thought of food had me running for the bathroom. This time, it's not nearly as extreme, and for that I'm truly grateful.  However, once I get through the morning commode genuflecting, I find that I have to eat ... all ... day ... long.  Indeed, if I forget to eat at least every two hours (or sit down for too long) I start to get that familiar stomach churn. A month ago, I would've thought this would be great.  

Here's the thing.  I'm not hungry. I rarely crave anything.  Nothing really sounds appetizing. But eat I must.  I'm trying to choose food that's relatively healthy, so I don't weigh 200 pounds by November.  Being pregnant is funny.  The two things I intuitively want to do, curl up on the couch and abstain from smelly food are the two things I have to avoid.  The consequences of ignoring food are dire.  Would someone like to come make something inventive and tempting to my palate?

3 comments:

ldupbeat said...

Hey Jen, are you pregnant? I didn't know, if you are. Congratulations! (if you are)and sorry for the mixup if your not LOL. Don't worry I won't tell anyone who doesn't read your blog. :)

Jube said...

Yep, I am. Thanks! I haven't come out on facebook yet, so no spilling!

nana said...

I would love to make you something to eat. I will see what I can do when I come this summer.

 
Designed by Lena