Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmases past: Part the second

My second memory of Christmases past is from the first Christmas Ry and I were married. We lived in a beautiful loft apartment with hardwood floors and a 15+ foot ceiling. We went out and got the biggest Christmas tree we could find since we figured we would never live in a place with that kind of ceiling again. As it turns out, we were right. This tree was well over 7 feet high. As you can see, it barely reached over our balcony windows. After Christmas was over, we chucked the thing over the balcony.

It was the first year I felt like a real grown up. We hosted Christmas for the first time, had our first Christmas tree and finally lived in a real, grown up apartment without roommates or anything. It was a carefree time of our lives. I will forever look back on that Christmas as the first of my adult life, even though I was already 25.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That was a lovely apartment; I remember it. (I love that the old, brown Papa chair is in this photo.)

Brad and I haven't had our "adult" Christmas yet. We're hanging onto our adolescent ways as long as possible...

 
Designed by Lena