Friday, March 05, 2010

Very tired

I know posting has been light. Mostly, I'm exhausted and even the 15 minutes spent posting is too much for me. Why am I so tired, you ask? I spent a good portion of this week tracking down and talking to preschools/daycare centers for the boys for the fall. As it turns out, the center on the base isn't such a great idea because there is not much space available. If an active military person decides to start their child there between now and September, our spot goes out the window. Also, trying to figure out childcare on the days Ry travels was turning into a bit of a goat rodeo.

We ended up choosing a delightful little center that's 5 blocks from our house. It's associated with the Methodist church across the street and the folks there seem to really enjoy the kids. They don't have all the bells and whistles of the newer centers, but they do have low turnover (T's teacher has been there for 6 years and the infant room women have been there for more than 15), a seemingly genuine affection for the kids and a great location. The whole learning bit is a bit secondary for me. If I can find a safe, nurturing environment with people who enjoy my children, I'm sold.

I also started my online developmental psychology class this week. It's not going to be difficult, but it's a fair amount of reading that can really only be done when the boys are sleeping. Speaking of which ...

F is still waking up twice a night. It's not so bad really. He's up at 1 and again at 5. Then it takes him an hour to fall back asleep ... which is when T wakes up. He wants nothing to do with being quiet, staying in his room or going back to sleep. He also hasn't been napping this week, which makes him a bear in the evenings and cuts my daytime sanity time down considerably. While I'm requiring a "rest" time, the most I can get out of him is about 90 minutes.

In the rest of my spare time (heh) I'm still trying to get to the gym a few evenings a week and see my husband once in a while. Oh, and last night I had a meeting for T's current preschool. The meeting was over at 9:30, but I stayed and chatted with a few of the other women until 11. Ok, that one is totally my fault. T's teacher started it though, she walked up to me and said "Did you read about the report that shows that the maternal death rate is going up partially because of the increase in C-Sections?" Any of you who have talked to me in the last 3 years know that's all it took to spark an hour-long conversation.

So anyway, I'm tired. And that's why no posting.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry you're so tired! You sound crazy-busy.

Jube said...

Thanks. It just kind of builds on itself. Both boys were up before 6 am today. The sleep debt is growing.

 
Designed by Lena