Friday, June 29, 2012

That's messed up

One of the fun things about being a parent is revisiting books I enjoyed as a kid. Sometimes I have to shake my head and wonder though. Did you read the Little Critter books when you were a kid? I don't remember if they were around when I was little or if I just remember reading them to my sister. Either way, they are still floating around.

This one has a sweet little message about how a gift from the heart is worth more than flashy, expensive gifts. The second or third time I read it, however, I noticed something. Early in the book, the critters are at the zoo, visiting the elephants.



And at the end they are in the classroom, giving their gifts to their teacher. Look, it's an elephant!  They put that poor kid's mommy in a zoo. What the?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That provided a great chuckle.

 
Designed by Lena